Friday, July 13, 2007

First Night in KL

Yesterday morning my father and i made the journey to KL and i bid my mom farewell. We all loaded all of my stuff into my car and we were about to set off. I hugged my mom and both of us cried. My dad looked teary as well. I guess i felt so terrible about leaving my parents behind but i had to go so we were off.

I drove all the way to my aunt and uncle's house in Petaling Jaya. I was immediately greeted by my uncle because my aunt had gone out and their new 4 month old puppy-dog, Ricky. She was so timid and frightful which defeated the purpose of her being a guard dog in the first place. She still hasn't warmed up to me yet but she loves the toy i got for her.

My father rested for an hour then i dropped him off at Crystal Crown so that a friend of his could pick him up and head back to JB together. Once again i cried...sigh, and being so unfamiliar with the roads in KL i lost my way back to my uncle's place but i managed after 20 minutes of circling round the suburbs and swearing behind the wheel. The feeling of missing home quickly dissipated though (bad of me to say this) when Darren called. Earlier i had sms-ed to Esther and Darren that i had already arrived.

"Wanna meet up at the Curve?I'll pick you at Kerinchi LRT station because i don't know where you are right now"

So i left to meet with him and he brought me to The Curve. Had a nice long chat about random topics at a coffee shop near The Laundry and Esther arrived much later due to the jam coming out from KL city center to meet us there. She looked worn out and a little grumpy because the traffic slowdown was massive. I immediately felt guilty asking her out ...hopefully i can make it up to her.

It's pretty bewildering that night. It's a weekday but yet to me it looked like it was a weekend in JB. There were just alot of people on a Thursday night. Darren said to me that The Laundry would get even more packed. True enough it did. I guess people in KL has the energy to party after work.

We had dinner at Ikea as Esther and Darren went on about the phenomenal Swedish meatballs. It was good and i didn't touch the fries because the meatballs were filling enough already. We talked even more from our phenomenal disasters with underwear, about my recent car accident, friends we have in JB and random other things till someone announced over the PA system that Ikea was going to close. That's only the time we realized we were the only ones left in the deli.

Esther felt that it wasn't safe i took public transport home at that late hour so volunteered to send me home. ONCE AGAIN, i have troubled my good friend as she lived in Gombak which was on the other side of town!!Oh the guilt ><;;

The first night sleeping in proved to be a pretty restless one with good reason. The house has been broken into 5 times already. I kept imagining i would wake up with some robber/rapist in my room. I knew for sure that Ricky would not be able to do the job of alerting us of any danger at the moment so whenever i heard a sound outside i would rip the curtains open,anticipating some robber climbing over the fence. In the end,i finally got some shut eye. ==

This morning, my uncle took me a trial run from the house to my new office in my car. We were all anticipating to hit into the much feared morning jam on the Federal Highway. However there was none this morning which was really surprising. Ku ku (uncle) mentioned that it could be because it's a Friday. I'll make sure to leave for work on Monday at 8!Wouldn't want to be late to work on my first day!

We had breakfast at Mid-valley and i showed my relatives the new office block where my company was situated.

For lunch, i had Bak Kut Teh near the house with my previous company's KL branch staff. I want to keep in close contact with them because they would have alot of contacts on suppliers and contractors in KL that would be beneficial to my future job.

All in all, i don't really miss home much and i'm excited with my new job, the people i am going to meet and the experience of living in KL.

Hopefully by next month i can move into a place of my ownand . Darren recommended me a friend of his who owns a house and is willing to let out some rooms.It's kind of expensive though being the house located so far from my new office. I guess i'll have to wait and see.

2 comments:

coolval said...

First night in KL sounds like your first night in bed with a man!
Hahaha.. Nice to hear your having fun..
Yay, now i have a free place to stay at in KL.. your Bed!!
* Runs for my dearest life as she stares at me with her killer stare.. Wahaha..

My webhosting projecto is crawling alive..
will keep you posted :D

coolval said...

I have to log on just to post comments.. Its such a tiring act...
Get a tagboard.. :D
Oh wait better still get your own site..Under me.. FOC for a month.. :)
SHould be starting up this Friday :D Fingers crossed..
Are you coming back this weekend?? i wanna watch die hard 4.0.. :)
How art thou??