Saturday, July 07, 2007

Farewell...onto better things...

It was my last day of work today. I took on much delight reminding my fellow colleagues that i was going to leave for something better but of course all in the name of fun...

Speaking in the name of fun, my colleagues thought it would be truly amusing to hide my farewell gift (which i anxiously wanted to get my hands on) and made me find it by making me play this mini treasure hunt in the office. I was close to strangling one of my artist because i wanted my gift now and the clues weren't exactly easy!! My whole office found it very amusing to see me frantically running around with my clues in my hands and questioning everyone where the location of my present was. I however found my patience thinning.....

In the end i found it and i burst into tears seeing all the lovely messages they left for me in the card. I really am going to miss my colleagues. They were much fun. But life moves on ne?And i took it into stride as i walked out those glass doors.

I took one more glance at the building of my previous company with it's paint peeling off and the faded acrylic colored sign that spelled the name of it.......my eyes squinted with tears and i smiled. So many memories...so many great people i met and some left already....so many tears and smiles and laughter.....

I stared alittle longer. Then i turned and walked towards my car.

I never looked back......

No comments: