Sunday, March 22, 2009

Hotlink Anime and Games Festival

I have a love-hate relationship with Sundays. I enjoy Sundays because I usually spend it quietly by being at home. I would do my weekly chores like cleaning my room,washing the toilet (ugh!),doing the laundry,paying the bills and prepping up for the big week ahead. The hate part comes in when I know I am on the verge of having ANOTHER hectic week again and this mundane cycle begins again.

Today however,I pulled myself out of bed and paid a visit to Berjaya Times Square to see the Hotlink Anime and Games Festival.

I really really enjoy going to comic or anime festivals like this. Usually to be awed or cringe at our Malaysian cosplayers. I truly admire these quirky bunch because they really enjoy doing it, parading around in their costumes of their favourite anime or game characters. Even when they look so awesomely bad, they seem to be so comfortable with what they are doing.

When I was in Melbourne, during my uni days I often entertained the idea of cosplaying as an anime character. Alas, I never did cosplay as anyone but I met cosplayers at festivals and they seem cool to be around with. I remember the fat Sephiroth I met in Melbourne's Anime Festival in Melbourne University on a bitterly cold weekend. He was fun albeit tacky fella when he said "Heh, I shaved my chest hair for this!"

Back to the Hotlink Anime and Games Festival. Here are some pictures I took with my new camera.
I am not sure who they are cosplaying as but you gotta give them credit for their costumes design. Girl with giant blue fans won first prize for Best Lookalike Category

(From left to right)Girl (or guy?)cosplaying as male character from some Chinese themed anime, Faust from Guilty Gear,lead character from Detroit Metal City and a Star Wars cosplayer.

Nemesis from Resident Evil

Beautiful Enma Ai from Jigoku Shoujo

I like him (or her?I'm not sure). He looks like real life bishonen.

The busiest booth at the festival seemed to be the Sudden Attack booth. There were ongoing competitions with Razer merchandises giveaways for the winners. While the competition went on, spectators and gamers alike seemed to circle around the booth to see how the participants fared against AsiaSoft staff personnels and other players.

Swarming around like bees.If you notice the bunch of young men on the left with bowl cut hair, they are actually Korean players that have played Sudden Attack published in their homeland before this.

Boy on left : Damn we're losing!
Boy on right : Chill it's just a game!


After I had enough of the festival I drove home and RM10 poorer after paying the obscenely priced parking charge.

Tomorrow another day...another start to a week of increased blood pressure and looming datelines.

On a brighter note, I'm going to be getting my new Holga camera next week!I'll be doing alot of random snapping of inanimate things in the room and scenery around my area.

But now,time to sleep.

zzz

1 comment:

Veldspar said...

Heh...
Looks like a lotta fun. X3
Am looking forward to what you're gonna be doing with your new cam. X3