Sunday, March 29, 2009

Deadends

Bunga orkid in my landlady's yard

On Saturday, I took time to actually draw which i have not done in years.

I have an extremely bad habit when it comes to drawing. I would work on a piece and when i see its has gone slightly awry, I would give up on the piece and leave it unfinished.

Throughout the entire week I have been itching to do a Natsume Yuujinchou fanart. I love this anime to bits and I knew I wanted to have the honor of drawing a fanart of it.


Natsume with Nyanko-sensei


So I spent the entire Saturday cooped up in my room,tracing over lines and rubbing it off furiously trying to get it right. There were many times halfway through the piece I wanted to give up but I managed to get it done.
It's finished!!Finally!!

Excitedly, I was preparing to reinstall my Photoshop to color it but as luck would have it, my installer CD went missing. I looked all over my room and I just was unable to find it. In the end, I would have to buy a new Photoshop installer pack. Just as I had finished my first art piece in years , I am left unable to color it!Sigh,oh well i can color it next weekend.The first dead end encountered...

As nighttime fell, Earth Hour was celebrated in my home in darkness save for the dimmed lights of candles. I turned off everything except my laptop and sat in my room in darkness while i chatted with my landlady who sat in the hallway.My neighbourhood was plunged into darkness save for some very rare few who couldn't be bothered.

Earth Hour 2009 in my neighborhood

Then today I collected my Holga camera. When i met with the seller i was disappointed to know i would indeed require a special film to use the camera.I asked him if they were easy to find and he gave a VERY unsure answer. Bad sign. Oh well I thought to myself they shouldn't be that hard to find since there is a big community of Lomographers in Malaysia.

My pretty Holga...which is useless now with no film

I went to all three shops in the malls and lo and behold, THEY DID NOT SELL MEDIUM FORMAT FILMS! Let alone normal films. With the overwhelming demand of digital format cameras it's hard to find any shop that sells films anymore. The second dead end....

I went home feeling dejected and frustrated that i was unable to do what i have been wanting to do all week!First, to complete a Natsume Yuujinchou fanart piece and to take vintage photos with my spanking new Holga!

The saving grace this weekend was having dinner with my friend and catching a horror movie with him.

We had dinner at Ikea having to fulfill over sudden need to munch on delicious meatballs. Nomtastic!

After dinner , we watched The Unborn and as much as I hate to admit it I was very reluctant to watch it in the beginning, as I knew after watching a ghost movie, it would immediately put my imagination into overdrive resulting me in not wanting to go home late and constantly looking over my shoulder.

..Evil also happens to be a big time pervert...

Turned out, there wasn't much to worry about as about halfway through the movie, the storyline panned out to be rather lackluster and predictable.

And now i'll be turning in to face another hectic week.

3 comments:

Veldspar said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Veldspar said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Veldspar said...

I like wat I see on that fanart as it is. X3
can't WAIT to see it colored!